I retired my TR250 in Nov 2013 for and purchased a Honda PCX150 for commuting and short touring. Check out my mileage for my TR250 at fuelly.
- Goodbye! TR250 (11/25/2013) - So a little after three years and 37,000 km on the clock my TR250 “Mariko” 麻理子 decided to pack a fit and break down, and break down big time. Her gearbox is kaput something totally has gone a miss and it just isn’t worth putting the money into getting her fixed, still waiting to see how much it …
Continue reading "Goodbye! TR250"
- 30,000km (6/10/2013) - Noriko (my bike) hit 30,000km today. Planning in riding her for another two years so lets see if we can put a further 20,000km on her.
- Kawasaki 250TR Super Rindo – Debut – (5/15/2013) - I have always wondered how my motorbike would handle the Tsurugi Super Rindo. The Kawasaki TR250 comes stock with caramel block tires but since I chewed through my last set within 10 months I decided on something more suited for the my sometimes casual commute to work and settled on these. Although the Tsurugi Super …
Continue reading "Kawasaki 250TR Super Rindo – Debut –"
- Cold As! (2/20/2013) - I don’t much like riding to work in snow, Riding back home sucks more if your gloves are still wet… 🙁
- Hattoji villa 2012 (12/15/2012) - Another year another trip to Hattoji villa. Located in the Hattoji Furusato Village, Bizen City in Okayama Prefecture. The thatch-roofed homestead was built more than a century ago remodeled to be a villa to join Okayama prefectures international villa program. The program offered cheap lodging in five(What I know of) separate locations through out Okayama prefecture. …
Continue reading "Hattoji villa 2012"
- Leaf hunting second try (11/21/2012) - After my last leaf hunting trip I decided to give it one more chance and take another trip off island to see if I could get some better results. At least I now know for sure that I really don’t like taking pictures of the autumn colours. Hiking through them, viewing them I love, but as the photos just don’t do …
Continue reading "Leaf hunting second try"
- favourite lunch-box (11/20/2012) - This is one of my favourite lunch-box spots on Awaji. On a nice day you can see from south Osaka all the way down to Wakayama with Narugashima Island smack bang in front of you .
- Hard case (11/19/2012) - I finally purchased a hard case for the TR250 to make winter biking a little more bearable. Oh! and clock too.
- New tires (11/16/2012) - Decided to ditch my off-road tires since 95% of my riding is now on sealed roads. The tires handle like a breeze on the road but they really don’t like deeper mud as I abruptly found out.
- Kawasaki 250TR 24,000km (11/16/2012) - My Kawasaki 250TR past the 24,000km mark yesterday. Not bad for bike I have had for just over 2 years.
- Lost (11/7/2012) - Totally got lost while taking a mountain track home. Forks leading to dead ends and more dead ends. I thought I knew where the tracks would go, But No, and running low on gas I decided the consulate the GPS unit and found a trail out. lucky –
- Last bit of fun (11/2/2012) - Having the last bit of fun before I put road tires on “Noriko“. Kawasaki 250TR 2010 Model
- Motorbike commute to work (10/29/2012) - One of my commutes.